Choosing the best SEO supplier amongst a world of choices
Today, the world of search dominates everything. Our lives are online whether socially or professionally. Most businesses now have websites and they rely heavily on high levels of relevant traffic that will bring in sales conversions and tangible user interactions. The world has effectively gone completely online.
The county of Kent is full of small to medium sized businesses and most of them, rely heavily on local trade sourced from towns and cities in close proximity. Once upon a time, people used to use a fat yellow printed book to find local businesses but now, Google dominates that sphere.
Printed directories are a thing of the past and big data is what drives traffic, business and sales. So with that in mind, it’s no surprise that several internet marketing agencies have sprung up around the Garden of England county and are offering their expertise in making companies more visible online to help them get to the front of the queue when a potential new customer or sale is looming.
So how do you select the right SEO agency?
It’s a tough question when most people do not understand the nuts and bolts of what search marketing is really about. The temptation is to find the cheapest most economic solution but invariably, these suppliers are based offshore, have poor reputations and seldom deliver on their promises. You may as well take that money and burn it.
If you run an online business, giving your URL to an SEO is like handing over the future of your business to them. It’s that major so if you choose unwisely, you may find your business in hot water and sinking fast! So here’s some tips to finding a good local supplier and engaging the services of a local search engine optimisation agency in Kent:
1) Rank – make sure you find an SEO agency that ranks well themselves in Google. Run a search and see what businesses appear on Google’s local and first page organic results. Then run a few more searches of the same nature and you should find that a few keep cropping up. Those guys clearly know what they’re doing so should be a good stating point.
2) Response – send an enquiry to a select few agencies and request a call back. See who’s the first to contact you to discuss your needs. The one’s who are happy to pick up the phone and chat to you about your requirements are clearly the one’s who deserve the most respect.
3) Freebies – some agencies offer a free initial consultation or even an on-site audit to give you a starting point and idea of hwo well your site ranks and what remedial work is required. Agencies who operate in this way are clearly happy to give away a loss leader because they’re serious about getting your business. There’s nothing gained if nothing ventured so a free on-site analysis can only be a good thing!
4) Transparency – top quality Kent SEO agencies will always tell you their price points. Some will charge a flat hourly rate whilst others may have set packages to suit different budgets. If you speak to an agency that wants to avoid talking numbers, perhaps you should avoid talking to them!
5) Reports – any self-respecting SEO company will promise regular reporting every month with a detailed synopsis of the work done and the progress made. If not, you have to ask what it is they are doing with your money and how you can quantify their work without one.
6) Instinct – if you have been in business just a few months or several years, trust your gut feeling about these guys. Did they answer all of your questions? Did they give you confidence in their abilities to get results? Will they support you through the bad times as well as the good? Do they offer a value added service? Do you trust them?
If you can confidently answer positively to all of the above, then you may have just landed on the SEO firm that you’re ready to hire!